Last weekend, after the ADMA AC&E Awards, my partner Dave and I stayed in Sydney for 5 nights and spent time exploring some of the most famous beaches. We were lucky with the weather and were able to spend our days chilling out, going out for dinner, drinking cocktails and lounging by the beaches.
We mainly explored Coogee, Tamara, Bondi and Manly and loved all of these beaches! Dave has only lived in Australia for one year (from New Zealand), so he hadn’t yet holidayed in Sydney and explored these places. It was great to take some time to really see quite a lot of Sydney.
I also conquered my fear of heights and climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge which was just amazing! Even though it is expensive (roughly $250 AUD), it was an amazing experience and one I would love to do again.
Here are a few places/things around Sydney we really liked:
- Eating and Drinking at Bar Luca on Phillip Street (approx $20 per person for a burger and a drink)
- Catching the Ferry from Circular Quay to Manly Beach (approx $15 return each)
- Climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Exploring the botanical gardens
- Walking around Circular Quay and The Rocks
- Checking out the Sculptures By The Sea (Exhibition running from 20 October – 6 November 2016)
- Swimming in Bondi Beach and then heading to a bar close by
- Finding an amazing little man made beach pool in Manly
- Trying different types of Whiskey at The Baxter Inn (Whiskey can get quite expensive here!)
- Finding a cool little secret bar at the back of a Barber Shop
- Eating the amazing pork stuffed chicken wings at Uncle Mings
- Walking the famous Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach trail
I really need to explore more of Australia and am looking forward to planning a few more long weekends to places like Phillip Island and The Great Barrier Reef! I’ve included some photos from this little Sydney getaway below.
Some photos from Bondi Beach:
Some photos from Tamarama Beach:
Some Photos from Manly Beach: