The Warwick Resort can be found along a stretch of golden sand beach and crystal clear lagoons in the heart of Fiji’s Coral Coast.
We recently spent a very relaxing week here and have nothing but positives to say about the whole experience. The service from the staff was outstanding and we were made to feel like nothing was too much to ask. Everywhere you looked you were greeted with a big “Bula” hello, it was so nice to feel so welcome.
We visited during the cyclone season and expected some bad weather, during our stay we were resort-bound for a full day as a Category 3 Cyclone was approaching the area. During this testing time for the resort and the staff, we were made to feel extremely safe and well-informed. All staff from the waiters to managers should be applauded for the way they handled themselves at this time. It was from this day that I knew I would be back to visit The Warwick Resort again.
Getting to The Warwick Resort
The resort is located on the Coral Coast, halfway between Nadi and Suva. Fiji’s largest island, Viti Levu, is where Warwick Fiji calls home.
To get there you can organise a transfer through the hotel or for a cheaper option you can catch the local bus like we did. It’s around a two hour drive from Nadi Airport. Note that the buses are mainly used by locals and can be quite run-down and cramped, I’d still recommend trying it out if you are looking to save money.
The local bus picks you up from the Nadi airport and drops you right near the front of the resort, it costs around $7.50 AUD (which is $12.00 FJD). This is a much cheaper option than getting a taxi or a private transfer and can save you upwards of $100 AUD.
If you do want to, you can organise a transfer through the resort for $105 AUD ($165 FJD) this is for one car that can fit 4 passengers).
The facilities at The Warwick Resort
The resort itself is beautiful with well maintained facilities, it has everything you need for a comfortable and relaxing resort stay. We stayed in one of the garden rooms that would be be perfect with families with two children or couples who like a lot of space (with two double beds and a smaller trundle bed).
All of the rooms are quite spacious and were always very clean. Find more information on room types here.
A few extra things to note:
- The resort is a cashless, meaning that you have a tab and charge everything to your room number. You then pay for your tab when you check-out. The staff are more than happy to give you daily print-outs of how your tab is tracking.
- Complimentary Wifi in all areas of the hotel.
- The resort is right on the beach with great spots for free snorkelling and kayaking.
- There is an air conditioned gym on site with really great equipment.
- It is a great place for families, with on-site kids club, nanny service and daily activities.
- It’s also a great place for couples as there is an adults-only pool, swim up bar, spa and plenty of places to relax.
- You get the usual hotel comforts such as air-conditioning, flat-screen satellite television, tea and coffee makers, telephones, in-room safes, minibars and refrigerators.
- The Kids’ Club is open daily for children between the ages of 3 and 12 years. At the club, there are activities such as crafts, fish feeding, sandcastle building, crab hunting, seashell collecting, face painting, treasure hunting, cooking classes and much more. The Kids’ Club is free and open between 9am until 9pm daily.
Warwick Water Activities:
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Fish feeding
- Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Glass bottom boat tours
- Scuba diving
Check out the resort map:
Things to do around the area
Fiji’s Coral Coast is renowned as Fiji’s Adventure Capital. There is so much to do if you want to experience the traditions, culture, nature and people of the Coral Coast. Here are 12 day trips worth looking into around the area:
- Off Road Cave Safari
- Zip Fiji
- Robinson Crusoe Island Day Tour
- Beqa Adventure Divers
- Rivers Fiji
- Free Dive Fiji
- Jewel Of Fiji
- TerraTrek Tours
- Coastal Inland Tours
- Kula Eco Park
- Captain Cook Tivua Island Day Cruise (pictured below)
I highly recommend dining at The Wicked Walu Restaurant at The Warwick Resort
One of the resorts restaurants, The Wicked Walu was an absolute stand out during our stay. It’s located on a small attached island 50 metres off the shore of the beach and was recently voted Fiji’s best restaurant. You can expect delicious seafood grills, char-grilled steaks and luscious desserts.
I highly recommend getting the cocktail of the day along with the shared seafood platter, it was so yummy! The Wicked Walu is open for dinner every night from 6pm to 10:30pm and is exclusively an adults only restaurant.
Check The Warwick Resort in Fiji out for yourself
Find out more information about the resort over on their website here.
The Warwick Fiji
- Value for money
Luxury accommodation on the beach
The Warwick Resort is Fiji is a wonderful place to just relax by the pool or beach and enjoy the lovely weather. A highlight is the wonderful staff who make the place feel so welcoming. We recommend The Warwick for both couples and families.
Please note: We booked and paid for our own accommodation at The Warwick in Fiji. All thoughts, words and opinions are our own (and always will be!).