WOW what a great day it was at the Kidspot Voices of 2015 launch event and masterclass! I was so honored to be asked to speak about my two passions; blogging and SEO and I think I managed to get through the presentation without being too nervous (I hope!).
There were some truly amazing and inspirational bloggers at the event, it was a room full of creative like minded people and I LOVED IT!
I had been (not so secretly) stalking a few of my favourite bloggers and it was so fab that I got to finally meet them and let them know how great I think they are!
A few takeaways from the day:
- “Focusing energy on lost followers is like asking why a stranger in the street didn’t return your smile” – Easy Peasy Kids
- “Work hard, do good work, and work consistently. Do interesting things on and off your blog to get noticed” – Meet Me At Mikes
- Bloggers be bold! Pitch your ideas directly, you never know what the outcome might be!
- Loudness does not equate to quality. Stop comparing yourself to other bloggers. Be yourself.
- Find out where your audience is and be there. Make sure that if your community is talking to you, you are talking back.
- You can spend hours over-analysing the best time to post, but remember social media is 24/7!
- Search is always about a question or problem people have. You can use tools such as the Google Keyword Planner, Google Trends and Google Suggest to find these problems…. then write about them!
- Invest time into creating eye catching, engaging and shareable images and infographics, Pinterest is a bloggers best friend!
- And most importantly…. the blogging community rocks!
A big congrats to the Top 100 finalists of #Voicesof2015, I can’t wait for the Gala night in a few months! See you all there!
PS – I borrowed (or stole) a couple of these photos from some fellow bloggers, it is definitely worth checking out their sites here: Erin Made This, Recycled Interiors, The Good Girl Confessional and The Mummy Project.