Today, March 8th, is International Women’s Day – it’s a a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Social media has been ablaze with #womensday hashtags and well wishes to all the wonderful women in our lives and this post is my small contribution to the day.
“The story of women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights” says world-renowned feminist, journalist and social and political activist Gloria Steinem. I love this. To me, International Women’s Day should be about unity, celebration, reflection, advocacy and action – whatever that looks like globally at a local level.
I have been very lucky to have been surrounded by some of the most amazing women in my life. My mum has raised my two sisters and I to be independent and caring women and has been our pillar of strength, inspiration and love.
So today, I send my love and gratitude to all the amazing women in my life – you know who are are! Thank you for your support, your friendship and thank you for being ‘you’. Life wouldn’t be the same without you!
I can’t publish this post without my most favourite quote:
Here’s to women. Let’s continue to work towards a brighter future for women all around our world…
If you have a little more spare time you can check out some of my sisterhood series posts that celebrate some seriously amazing Australian Women here:
- Sisterhood Series: A Catch Up With Tiffany Jade Benn
- Sisterhood Series: A Catch Up With Aliza Taubman
- Sisterhood Series: A Catch Up With Vanja Stace
- Sisterhood Series: A Catch Up With The Inspiring Penny Higgs
- Sisterhood Series: A Catch Up With Lee-Anne D’Paul
- Sisterhood Series: A chat with Stacey Barrass AKA the Domestic Goddess
- Sisterhood Series: An Interview with the amazing Laura Blythman