We recently hired a van for three weeks from Rockin’ Vans who are a Scottish based company that hire out campervans and motorhomes throughout the United Kingdom. They are one of the largest motorhome and camper hire companies in the UK, with locations in London, Glasgow and Edinburgh. We organised to pick up our van from the London depot and were able to drop it off in Scotland at the Glasgow Airport three weeks later.
We opted for the VW Campervan and the van itself was of such a high standard; spacious, clean and very comfortable! It comes with all the mod-cons and features that you would need:
– It sleeps up to 4 adults (transports 5)
– Has a double bed with memory foam mattress (when the seats fold down)
– Also has another roof bed in the pop-top
– Iso-fix seats
– CD player with AUX-input
– 50lt Waeco fridge with freezer
– SMEV sink with running water
– 2 burner gas stove
– Air conditioning and heating
– Electric hook-up
– Includes a leisure battery, which means you can camp anywhere whilst still drawing power
– Pots and pans, utensils and cutlery are provided in the kitchen pack
– Has plenty of storage compartments and drawers
– You can also hire bedding at an extra cost
The reason I absolutely love travelling in a campervan is that you have so much freedom. You can wake up every morning with different views and landscapes. There is no reason to rush and leave the hotel room at 11am, you can stay as little or as long in a place as your heart desires. I really do believe that is the best way to travel around the UK!
To find out more about the campervans and motorhomes that Rockin’ Vans have for hire then head on over here.
You can also read more posts on our epic UK road trip here:
I’m also in the middle of putting together a really in depth post that includes our whole three week itinerary. The post will go into detail on where we went, what places we camped at and how long we spent in each place. We ventured through England, Wales and Scotland in three weeks so it’s a jam packed itinerary! In the meantime here are some more photos from the trip:
Please note: The Wild Hideaway travelled as partners of Rockin Vans, we spent three weeks testing out their VW Campervan and creating content for them. As always anything you read here is my personal and honest opinion.