This Saturday it will be my 25th birthday, I will have officially been on this earth for a quarter of a century!
As a birthday present to myself, I decided to treat myself to a long weekend away in Byron Bay. My partner and I will be taking a 5 day holiday next weekend and flying to Byron with my sister, her partner and my two beautiful nieces. My aunty is celebrating her 50th birthday there so we have a few things to cheers to!
My 24th year was one of the most memorable years I have experienced and I had some amazing, authentic and crazy adventures along the way. Here are some of my highlights from the past year year:
- Embarking on a solo trip to USA for work and play. I was sent to New York to work for two lovely weeks last July and took a further five weeks off to travel. I adventured around New York, Boston, San Franciso and Los Angeles. This trip was amazing – I learnt so, so much about myself and made some lovely friends.
- Bike riding across the Golden Gate Bridge over to the little, amazing town of Sausalito.
- Spending a day at Disney Land in California!
- I moved in with my partner and haven’t looked back. When I returned home from The States, I moved into a new apartment with my partner, Dave. It’s one of the best things I’ve done, we have so much fun living together and there is never a day that I don’t feel blessed and happy.
- In October I was proud to have been named as one of the top 5 finalists for the Australian ADMA Young Marketer of the Year Awards. According to ADMA, to be a finalist for the awards “you need to have not only exceptional creativity in the solution to your problem but also demonstrate your approach was truly effective. To put it simply, brilliant creativity has to cause exceptional results”. I went to my first awards night for this in Sydney and was so honored to have been a finalist! I work my butt off at work so it’s nice to be recognised for great work.
- Landing a new senior role as the Digital Content Marketing Manager at iSelect. In November I started a new job, it was a great step forward in my career. Read more about it over here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/im-making-move-from-agency-side-client-shannon-clarke
- Dave and I spent three amazing weeks in New Zealand over Christmas. Dave is a kiwi and the majority of his family and friends are based in Auckland NZ. We spent Christmas and New Years with his loved ones, it was such a fabulous time.
- Spending a weekend winery-hopping at Waiheke Island.
- Climbing the Sydney harbor bridge with my french work-exchange friend Lili. I’ super scared of heights so this was a fear of mine to overcome!
- Spending a weekend in The Grampians with Dave. We hiked up The Pinnacles (and made it all the way to the top!). Dave also got to pat some kangaroos which he was pretty stoked about.
- My sister Heidi welcomed two beautiful babies into the world. Max and Freddie were born into this world on April 22nd and are the cutest little twins I have ever seen!
- My sister Jessie welcomed a beautiful baby into the world. Indi Belle was born into this world on 24th April and I couldn’t love her more if I tried. Indi’s parents asked Dave and I to be her god-parents so we are super happy to be such a big part of little Indi’s life.
- And most importantly I spent some amazing quality time with family and friends!
There have been a few times where I’ve struggled and had to make some hard decisions, however when I look back on this year it’s overwhelmingly been pretty great.
Bring on being 25!