Happy Monday beautiful people! I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
Today I wanted to share with my fellow bloggers a little blog post idea list, I made this list as a starting point for anyone that needs a little inspiration for their lifestyle blog. Some of these ideas are really simple, taking only minutes to post, and others can be turned into weekly or feature projects.
- Share your thoughts on something you are passionate about
- Dig out those childhood photos and try to recreate an outfit of the past
- Share a list of your favourite illustrators and designers
- Post your recent Twitter or Instagram favourites
- Share some positivity and encouragement for others
- Share your favourite recipe
- Post a roundup of helpful blogging articles you’ve read
- Are you an expert at something? Share tips!
- Interview an artist or fellow blogger
- Top 10 things you’ve learned from Game Of Thrones (I could probably make a top 25)
- Tell us why you love to blog
- Give your readers a tour of your hometown
- This time last year, what were you writing about?
- Create a homemade cocktail and share the recipe with photos
- Share a weekend DIY project
- Talk about something you’ve learned in the past year
- Do a 30 day challenge (photography, fitness, DIY, etc)
- Where do you write your blog posts? Show me!
- Interview someone you admire
- Tell a personal story. People love stories!
- Write about some of your favourite books. Or TV Shows. Or Movies. Or anything!
- Review something. This could be a restaurant, an event, a product, a service, a book…
- Write a post sharing your favourite date ideas – everyone loves dates!
- Jump in the kitchen and whip up a healthy smoothie to share with your readers
- Write about what is trending at the moment – Google Trends tells you what people have been searching for online recently
- Get your camera out and record a Vlog
- Host a giveaway or competition
- Write a thank you note
- Find your most popular post and write a second series or an update on it
- Write from the heart about the most difficult decision you’ve ever made
Please Note: I also really recommend not just posting on a whim and to put together a solid editorial calendar for your blog!
For The Wild Hideaway, 80% of my content is planned in advance. By creating an editorial calendar you can start to develop themes and regular features. Planning your content in advance makes it easier to be prepared and come up with creative ideas, topics, and images. It also gives you the ability to map out your goals, plan your features and to provide engaging content that is researched and on topic.
If you want some more helpful hints around content and blogging you can check out this post from my archives: Tips for writing engaging web content.
Please do let me know if this list has been helpful in getting you started and feel free to add any more that you can think of! If you have any questions about blog planning or editorial calendars please feel free to leave them in the comments, I am happy to help out!
Happy Blogging xo
*Originally posted on September 18th 2014 and updated on 19th October 2015.