I think my relationship with Netflix may have slightly gotten out of control. Even at the time of typing this I have it minimized in the next window ready to flick to once this little post gets published… I think I need to get out more.
The new season of Orange Is the New Black came out on the weekend and I have already finished it (yeah I know it’s only Tuesday… so what?!). I’m one of those binge watchers, I can’t just watch an episode here and there but I must mentally prepare myself for a Sunday spent on the couch (with snacks of course) to have a serious sesh.
For all my readers that are nodding their heads thinking “yeah I totally get this” you might get a little kick out of this list: 10 signs you could be addicted to Netflix…
1. You haven’t turned on real TV for days. What even is a DVD?!
2. You get a little anxious when you have to stop watching a show mid-binge and there is no way you’re leaving your apartment mid way through an episode. It’s just not possible.
3. Netflix asks if you want to watch another episode and your like ahhhh what kind of stupid question is that?! Of course I do, keep them coming…
4. You start to seriously question whether you should be doing other things instead (and you probably should be).
5. You find yourself saying “just one more episode” until suddenly there are no more episodes left.
6. When it gets to the point where you haven’t showered that day… or brushed your teeth.
7. When you cry over fictional characters you watch on Netflix more than you do in real life. But seriously some of those shows are really sad…
8. You are up well past midnight and not getting your needed 8 hours sleep (yes I need 8 hours sleep to function… thanks Netflix for screwing with my routine).
9. You’re heartbroken when you finish a show…what are you going to do now?!
10. I can’t write a tenth reason because I need to start the next episode of my show right now.
Image: The lovely Lauren Hom