An award winning (modest) and honest travel blog
Hello! I’m Shannon, the creator and writer behind The Wild Hideaway, an honest lifestyle and travel blog with a focus on finding great places to stay and explore. I run this blog alongside being a freelance copywriter and marketing consultant.
I’ve been running this blog since 2015, since then I’ve created posts about all sorts of things, mostly around travel, photography and the places that I call home in Victoria (Ballarat and Melbourne).
On The Wild Hideaway I hope to inspire you to do things that make you feel happy, whether that’s exploring a new town, trying a new restaurant, staying at a beautiful hotel, saving for a holiday or just enjoying time with the people that you love.
If you’re planning an adventure to a new country, a weekend getaway or a road trip closer to home, The Wild Hideaway uncovers the best places to inspire you to get exploring.
When I travel (usually with my partner Dave) I’ll share with you our stories, both the good and the bad. Because at our best we are documenting our lives on the road, sharing pretty photos and telling stories about the people we meet and the places we visit. At our worst we’re looking for pubs that do happy hour and running out of bus money. Hopefully you enjoy following along with what we get up to and where in the world we are.
Awards, achievements and more:
I am super proud that The Wild Hideaway has been recognised as one of the top 5 Melbourne blogs in Australia! Also listed as one of Australia’s top 10 lifestyle blogs by Pedestrian TV.
– Partnered with a strong set of both local and international brands including Disney, Adrenalin, Frasers Hospitality and Etsy
– Listed as one of Culture Trip‘s top 5 Melbourne lifestyle bloggers
– Listed as one of Australia’s top 10 lifestyle blogs by Pedestrian TV
– Contributing writer to Melbourne Girl
– Published the The Fashion Lovers Guide To Chapel Street
– Named the ADMA Australian Young Marketer of the Year for 2017
– Top 5 finalist for the ADMA Australian Young Marketer of the Year Awards 2016
– Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (Lifestyle Category)
– Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (People’s Choice)
– Featured in Top Lifestyle Bloggers Reveal Their Best Life Hacks
– Key Speaker at the Kidspot Voices Masterclass
Hopefully you find something useful on this site, hopefully you enjoy spending time on this little space I have created. Thanks for stopping by!