Two weeks ago, my partner Dave and I spent a lovely long weekend in Byron Bay with my sister and her little family (including my two gorgeous nieces Lyla and Indi).
In this post, I’ve put together some recommendations and photos from my recent trip. Hopefully it will be useful if you are planning a visit to Byron or looking for a great place to visit!
I highly recommend Byron as a great destination for a long weekend getaway– its a relatively short flight from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and there is quite a lot to do and see, including amazing beaches, shops, people and places to stay.
We stayed at The Glen Villa Resort, it’s more of a caravan/cabin park than an actual resort, we booked a spa cabin that was fairly cheap and really enjoyed it, it was basic but it was all we needed. In terms of the location, it was a very short walk across an old train line to the main street in town and a ten minute walk up the main beaches. It’s also a short walk to a supermarket and the Information Centre. My sister and her family booked an Airbnb close to town that was pretty affordable too – if we were to go back I would look into quirky little beach shacks like hers on Airbnb!
Byron Bay favourite food spots:
- Miss Margarita (a fun and happening Mexican bar)
- Three Blue Ducks at The Farm
- Beach Hotel Byron Bay (drinks, sports, TAB, beach views and live music)
- Folk (my favourite little cafe here)
- Balcony Bar (perfect for people watching over the main street)
- The Mez Club
- The Sticky Wicket Bar (good for happy hour drinks on the main street!)
Other places to check out in Byron Bay:
- Byron Bay Brewery (Check out their the free tour and tasting – definitely worth it!)
- Stone and Wood Brewery
- Day trip to Newrybar to check out Harvest and Newrybar Merchants (my most favourite shop here)
- Make the trip up to see the Cape Byron Lighthouse
- Check out the local markets that are often happening each weekend
- Stop in at Ahoy Trader, a gorgeous little homewares shop
- While you are shopping, check out Spell & The Gypsy, a beautiful bohemian store with amazing clothes
- Check out the stunning beaches including Clarkes, Tallows, Watego’s and many more!
I’ve only listed a few of my favourites above, I could go on and on! I’d love to hear about some of your favourite spots so I can check them out next time I’m up in Byron town x