Hello my lovely readers! Today I wanted to share with you a little hidden gem in Kyneton called Isabella. For those that don’t know where that is, Kyneton is a town in the Macedon Ranges region of Victoria, Australia.
Dianne, the owner of Isabella at Kyneton recently invited Dave and I to stay at her beautiful accommodation spot so we could snap some photos and share our experience with my community (if you are a regular reader you will know that I will only ever write truthful reviews). Honestly, we were really impressed with the whole experience, location and facilities.
Isabella at Kyneton is a multi award winning fully self contained home away from home located right in the centre of Kyneton (literally only a two minute walk to the main street).
We arrived on in the evening and found that the front lights were on for us, our rooms had been warmed, and the fridge and pantry were stocked with everything that we could could need for a delicious breakfast the next morning. We were so impressed with the thoughtfulness of the owners and the cleanliness of the property. It straight away felt like a little home-away-from-home.
There was a lot of attention to detail to make the stay lovely such as flowers, macarons waiting for us the kitchen (delicious!), notes on how to work appliances and notes on where we could find everything we would need (and more!).
Getting to Isabella at Kyneton
Isabella at Kyneton is located right in the centre of Kyneton, you can walk to great pubs, renowned restaurants and local cafes. It is roughly a one hour drive from the Melbourne CBD or 40 minutes from Melbourne Airport. The Kyneton Railway Station is just a kilometre from Isabella and there is a local bus from the station that runs right past the front door.
The facilities and accommodation at Isabella at Kyneton
Isabella is a fully self contained house with two queen and two single beds. Dave and I both agreed that the bed was one of the cosiest we had ever slept in would have loved to have stayed longer that just two nights!
The house has a beautiful spacious private outdoor setting and landscaped garden as well as a Weber BBQ. There is also an incredibly well provisioned kitchen and pantry during your stay including pancake mix, eggs, bacon, juice, yoghurt, fruit, assorted cereals and muesli, assorted spreads, milk, teas, coffee and more!
Overall, the house was extremely comfortable and cosy. Dave and I jumped straight into our robes and turned the gas fireplace on, we hit play on whatever was in the CD player and were treated to some lovely jazz tunes which we listened through twice as we read magazines, watched TV and relaxed in the beautiful home.
Dianne, the owner of Isabella at Kyneton was wonderful over email and phone in organising this stay. We had everything we could have possibly needed and more. You can tell the owners take a lot of pride in Isabella and their passion and love for the property is evident throughout.
A few extra points to note:
- There is free wifi throughout the house
- The house is very spacious and perfect for families, couples and groups of friends, it sleeps up to six guests
- Ample on-road parking is available around the property
- Quality linen and towels, woollen doonas, blankets and electric blankets are on all beds
- The lounge room has tonnes of books, magazines, DVDs and board games to keep you entertained
- The bathroom and laundry are modern and kept extremely clean and are all stocked with everything you need
- Dianne provides a lovely list of things to see around the area with personal recommendations on where to eat and explore
- The house is c1890 so the rooms are typical of the period and have been styled classically but beautifully
- The cupboards are full of things you need for cooking and BBQs, including oils, foil, paper towel, sauces
- There are local wines available for purchase if you run out!
- The backyard is safe and secure for children
Things to do around Kyneton and the Macedon Ranges
We were pleasantly surprised at how much there was to do around Kyneton and the Macedon Ranges. Whilst in the area, we managed to visit the following places and would honestly recommend them all:
- Turpins Falls (a beautiful short walk to a waterfall that is only a 20 minute drive away from the house – pictured below)
- Kyneton botanical gardens (this spot had a great playground for kids)
- Hanging Rock
- Walk and shop along Piper, Mollison and High Street Shops
- Walk around Mount Macedon National Park
Duck Duck Goose and Larder
Be sure to check out Duck Duck Goose and Larder when you are in the area, this Cafe and Providore is on Piper Street in Kyneton. Head here for homewares, coffee, food and groceries.
This place is quite unusual in that it occupies a huge building which was previously some sort of warehouse with very high ceilings. It has been beautifully renovated and transformed into a trendy spot to grab some food or a coffee.
You can find more photos in this post over here: Photo Journal: Duck Duck Goose and Larder in Kyneton
There are a few extra things that Dianne, the owner of Isabella recommended in our welcome pack that we will have to check out next time we are in the area:
- Kyneton Farmers Market is held on the 2nd Saturday of the month
- Days Spas Ellenis Day Spa or Maiaveda Holistic Day Spa
- Book in for a class at Piper Street Food Company, Lauriston Press, Red Beard Bakery (Trentham)
- Golf at Kyneton, Trentham & Woodend
- Bring a bike to town and pedal down leafy country lanes on the Three Towns Scenic Route
Kyneton also boasts a packed calendar of community and cultural events throughout the year. You can stock up on fresh, seasonal produce at the Farmers’ Market on Piper Street, which is held on the second Saturday of every month.
Also be sure to check out these wineries (all well worth a visit!):
Dining options near Isabella at Kyneton
Again, we were pleasantly surprised with how many great dining options were close by to Isabella at Kyneton. The below list are all award winning restaurants:
Book your next weekend away in Kyneton
It was such a pleasure to find quality accommodation that has had so much thought put into it. Isabella at Kyneton is a delightful heritage cottage that is well located, well maintained and packed full of comfort. I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending this as a place to stay, it’s well worth a visit! Find out more about Isabella at Kyneton over on their website here.
Please note: The Wild Hideaway travelled as a guest of Isabelle at Kyneton. All thoughts, words and opinions are my own (and always will be!).