Finding delightful places to stay, explore and tell stories
Hello! I’m Shannon, the creator and writer behind The Wild Hideaway, a lifestyle and travel blog with a focus on finding great places to stay and explore. I run this blog alongside being a freelance copywriter and marketing consultant.
The Wild Hideaway launched in 2014 and since then I have been building the brand, working on my photography and creating useful and quality content on topics that I love.
One of the topics that I love to talk about the most is travel. I think that if you get a chance to live in this big and amazing world wouldn’t you want to spend time exploring it? Learning about all the different places within it? Challenging it? Appreciating it? So that’s exactly what I’ve decided to do.
My partner Dave features quite a bit on this blog as we travel together (he is the hilarious one with the beard in my photos and videos!). Dave and I love to explore new places and are planning to travel a lot more in 2018. I’m from a little town close to Melbourne, Australia and Dave is from New Zealand so we are often back and forth between the two countries.
During our travels I’ll share with you my stories (the good and the bad), my photos and my adventures. Hopefully you enjoy following along with what we get up to and where in the world we are.
Why The Wild Hideaway?
I built this site to share my experiences as I make my way through life, meet interesting people and travel the world. The Wild Hideaway enables me to share my travel stories and photos, share what I have been up to, and hopefully inspire others to go after their passions.
Awards, features and more:
I am super proud that The Wild Hideaway has been recognised as one of the top 5 Melbourne blogs in Australia! Also listed as one of Australia’s top 10 lifestyle blogs by Pedestrian TV.
– Partnered with a strong set of both local and international brands including Disney, Adrenalin, Frasers Hospitality and Etsy
– Listed as one of Culture Trip‘s top 5 Melbourne lifestyle bloggers
– Listed as one of Australia’s top 10 lifestyle blogs by Pedestrian TV
– Contributing writer to Melbourne Girl
– Contributing writer to iSelect Get Life Right
– Published the The Fashion Lovers Guide To Chapel Street
– Named the ADMA Australian Young Marketer of the Year for 2017
– Top 5 finalist for the ADMA Australian Young Marketer of the Year Awards 2016
– Bupa Blog Awards Finalist Nomination 2016
– Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (Lifestyle Category)
– Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (People’s Choice)
– Featured in Top Lifestyle Bloggers Reveal Their Best Life Hacks
– Key Speaker at the Kidspot Voices Masterclass
Hopefully you find something useful on this site, hopefully you enjoy spending time on this little space I have created. Thanks for stopping by.