Hello and welcome to The Wild Hideaway!
Hello! I’m Shannon, the creator and writer behind The Wild Hideaway, a lifestyle and travel blog with a focus on finding great places to stay and explore. The Wild Hideaway launched in 2014 and since then I have been building the brand, working on my photography and creating useful and quality content on topics that I love. I have a love for creating beautiful content and photography as well as telling personal and travel stories.
My partner Dave and I, love to explore new places and are planning to travel a lot more in 2017-2018. Dave is from New Zealand so we are often back and forth between there and Australia.
Through The Wild Hideaway I have been fortunate enough to work in partnership with a strong set of both local and international brands including Disney, Adrenalin, Frasers Hospitality and Etsy.
I run this blog alongside alongside being a freelance copywriter and marketing consultant.
I am super proud that The Wild Hideaway has been recognised as one of the top 5 Melbourne blogs in Australia! Also listed as one of Australia’s top 10 lifestyle blogs by Pedestrian TV.
A big warm welcome to The Wild Hideaway, I am super happy that you are here! I hope you enjoy popping back from time to time to see where in the world we are and what we are up to (and leave a thought or two!).
Why The Wild Hideaway?
I built this site to share my experiences as I make my way through life, meet interesting people and occasionally travel the world. The Wild Hideaway enables me to share my travel stories and photos, share what I have been up to, and inspire others to go after their passions.
Some proud blogging achievements:
- The TWH community spans the globe – with 45% of our readers from Australia, 33% from USA and 7% from the UK (Statistics updated June 2017 – Google Analytics)
- Listed as one of Culture Trip‘s top 5 Melbourne lifestyle bloggers
- Listed as one of Australia’s top 10 lifestyle blogs by Pedestrian TV
- Contributing writer to Melbourne Girl
- Contributing writer to iSelect Get Life Right
- Published the The Fashion Lovers Guide To Chapel Street
- Top 5 finalist for the Australian ADMA Young Marketer of the Year Awards 2016
- Bupa Blog Awards Finalist Nomination 2016
- Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (Lifestyle Category)
- Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (People’s Choice)
- Featured in Top Lifestyle Bloggers Reveal Their Best Life Hacks
- Key Speaker at the Kidspot Voices Masterclasss