The Wild Hideaway has been recognised as one of the top 5 Melbourne blogs in Australia!
Hello and welcome to The Wild Hideaway!
Hello! I’m Shannon, the creator and writer behind The Wild Hideaway, a lifestyle and occasional travel blog.
I grew up in a small-ish town called Ballarat that is about 1.5 hours out of Melbourne. I absolutely love my home-town and have amazing family and friends there, although after studying Journalism, I found that there wasn’t much there for me career-wise so I decided to move to Melbourne to try and make something of myself. I’ve now lived in Melbourne for five years and havn’t looked back. I love that there is always something to see do, eat, drink and write about here.
My partner (Dave) and I, love to explore new places and are planning to travel a lot more in 2017-2018. Dave is from New Zealand so we are often back and forth between there and Australia.
A big warm welcome to The Wild Hideaway, I am super happy that you are here! I hope you enjoy popping back from time to time to see where in the world we are and what we are up to (and leave a thought or two!).
Why The Wild Hideaway?
The Wild Hideaway is my little hideaway where I can come to write about whatever I like. I built this site to share my experiences as I make my way through life, meet interesting people and occasionally travel the world. I usually write about my life, adventures, things happening in my city and cool women doing kick ass things.
Some proud blogging achievements:
- The TWH community spans the globe – with 45% of our readers from Australia, 33% from USA and 7% from the UK (Statistics updated June 2017 – Google Analytics)
- Listed as one of Culture Trip‘s top 5 Melbourne lifestyle bloggers
- Top 5 finalist for the Australian ADMA Young Marketer of the Year Awards 2016
- Bupa Blog Awards Finalist Nomination 2016
- Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (Lifestyle Category)
- Pedestrian TV Blogster Award Finalist (People’s Choice)
- Contributing writer to Melbourne Girl
- Featured in Top Lifestyle Bloggers Reveal Their Best Life Hacks
- Key Speaker at the Kidspot Voices Masterclasss
- Published the The Fashion Lovers Guide To Chapel Street